Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In our weakness, His strength is made evident-


I am an imperfect person. I make mistakes. I sin continuously. I fall short of so many things! And, many times, when I realize this.... I get discouraged. I make that wish I've made oh so many times, "Why can't I just be perfect?"

But then there's always that voice that I hear in the back of my head saying, "You don't have to be perfect. You are made perfect through Jesus. He took upon your sins. He was beaten and died for your imperfection so that you might be made as white as snow."

Now many of you may be wondering, "why is Destiny telling us all this?" And the reason is... I think we all can have a tendency to want to do things on our own strength. To rely in our self. But the thing is, we are all fallen... in and of ourselves we can not do anything good... we are weak. We are imperfect!

But this is where the exciting part comes in. Through Christ and the love He has shown toward us, He has taken sinners like you and me, and through the death He bore He atoned for our sins... He died for our imperfection! We may not be able to do everything on our own.... we can't. But I love the verse Philip 4:13, "I can do all things through Him (Christ) who strengthens me."
So the next time you have a big problem.... or feel overwhelmed, and think there's no way you can accomplish that "thing" (whatever it may be), or that you are just mad at yourself because you make mistakes and/or are realizing your imperfections, remember... Christ died for You! Lean on Him, find your strength in Him! Pray... ask Him to fill you with His spirit, to empower and help you with whatever it is you might be struggling with!

On our own... we can do nothing! We will fail. But remember, that THROUGH CHRIST, and through the STRENGTH He gives us, we can do all things! In our weakness, His power and strength is made evident!

I love the way 2 Cor 12:9-10 puts it, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Press on! For though we are weak, Christ is our strength. :)

-Destiny

2 comments:

TJS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariel J said...

Thank you. =)