Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lead me to the Cross-

Do I really live as if NOTHING else matters... but Jesus? Do you REALLY live as if Christ is your ALL? Do we, as the body of Christ, live like Jesus is EVERYTHING we hold dear?

It's so easy to give that typical, Christian answer.... "Of course I do."

However, deep down inside.... we know we all fall short of this. I know I do. 


Time after time I let my flesh rule.... I give into the things I want and put other things before Christ.

But God is always faithful to whisper ever so softly (or maybe He has to shake me till I'm blue in the face), but no matter what, He always seems to say- "Destiny, I love you. Put me FIRST in your life... count everything else as LOSS, and allow ME to be the CENTER of your life." 

--------------

I absolutely love this song "Lead Me to the Cross"- The first verse and chorus have really touched me this week, and I find myself constantly singing it :)-
"Savior I come, Quiet my soul, remember... Redemption's hill, Where Your blood was spilled, For my ransom... And everything I once held dear I count it all as loss;
Lead me to the cross where Your love poured out, Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down, Rid me of myself, I belong to You, Lead me... Lead me to the CROSS."
I'd encourage you to listen to the whole song (Francesca Battistelli does a beautiful job of singing it)




Philippians 3:8 "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.


Blessings,
-Destiny ♥ 

1 comment:

TiannaJE said...

Thank you, Des. I really needed to hear that today. <3