Friday, September 16, 2011

Yes, I ♥ learning! =)


I just love learning new things! It's so exciting! It's funny though, the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
When I was young I was sure of everything; in a few years, having been mistaken a thousand times, I was not half so sure of most things as I was before; at present, I am hardly sure of anything but what God has revealed to me. -John Wesley


^Isn't that just so true? I think so. =)

Anyway, yesterday I attempted to write an Apologetic's card. I looked at the different topics and was intrigued by the one- "explain the meaning and significance of Sanctification". Hmm, "Sanctification?" I thought, "that would be fun to study and learn about on a deeper level." So, needless to say, that was the topic I chose!

As a side note, I must say, the internet is a wonderful thing. It makes studying so much simpler, enjoyable and easier! And I'm assuming you all would agree. ;)

So, there I was, in over my head with information about what Sanctification means... and the different views people held on the topic, etc, etc. It was fascinating. As I sat on my bed, under my blanket, pj's still on (oh the joy of being home-schooled ;)) and laptop on my lap (coincidence? i think not =P), I was overwhelmed with excitement and delight just studying.

I can't say I've always been this way! I think as children we often times look at school as...... well, not the the best way to spend our time (thus displaying our immaturity). But I must say, once we truly decide to shift our way of thinking and start loving it instead of hating it, there seems to be a whole new world to explore!! It's pretty awesome. =D


At the end of the day.... yes, my brain was sort of fried (only because it had been stretched and filled with things of absolute amazingness). I didn't end up getting a whole apologetic's card written. But I learned a lot! I may not remember everything I took in, but I know more then I did. And for that I am truly grateful!

Like the quote I put up at the beginning of this post, the more I learn, the more I become aware of how much I don't know. However, I am blessed by what God has revealed to me at present.... and it just goes to show how BIG God is! :)



Alright, I'll stop talking now and let you all go back to whatever it is you were doing before. The one thing I hope you at least got out of this post (ignore all my silly remarks and rabbit trails =P) is that learning is truly a wonderful thing and a gift from God!! :)

Blessings to you all,
-Destiny ♥

3 comments:

Karissa Anderson said...

Yay!!!! Your doing apologetic's!!!! (Finally :P) Awesome! Hey, I used this website a lot when I was doing apologetics: www.monergism.com
You should check it out...unless you already did :P

Destiny said...

Oh yeah I was actually looking at that website! It's pretty awesome! =D Thanks!

Aubrey Burd said...

"I'm always learning. My tombstone will be my diploma." Hhah...