Monday, August 10, 2009

...

I sat in a chair near the back of the room, watching one of my cousins perform a beautiful solo. We had finally done it! We had put together a list of different songs to sing at an elderly peoples home.

I leaned back in my chair, and glanced over to look at the faces of the people in the crowed, when I noticed a woman... her eyes were beginning to water as she watched some of my younger siblings and cousins play around the room. I could feel the bittersweet feelings she was having, and I could read them all across her face.

At that moment, I realized something.. how blessed I really was. Here was a woman, weeping, for facts I do not exactly know, but who probably saw the joy in our families, and who perhaps may had never been surrounded by so much love.

Then I listened to the words of the song that my cousin was singing, "You raised me up, so I can stand on mountains, you raised me up, to walk on story seas, I am strong, when I am on Your shoulders, you raised me up, to more then I can be..."

This woman may have never known the love of God, or maybe she had. Our goal in putting on the performance though was to shine the light and the love of Christ, and I pray and hope, that we did just that!

To God be the glory.
-Destiny

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Thats really cool that you guys can do that. Our family use to put on plays for the nursing homes and it really touched them.

Emma Kruse said...

Yeah,
I saw her too... I just hope now we can go and touch other nursing homes, it was a real experience.... nice job for posting that... :)

Grandma of Many said...

Great post Des and very well stated. I, too, saw many of their faces and you all truly did bless them but I know it comes around and that they bless you also. Keep it up.