Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Speech on Freedom

Celebrate Freedom
Devotional taken from Our Daily Bread
In Romans 8:2 we read, "The Law of the Spirit of life I Christ Jesus Has made us free from the law of sin and death."
After being kidnapped, held hostage for 13 days, and released, New Zealand news cameraman Olaf Wiig, with a broad smile on his face, announced, "I feel more alive now that I have in my entire life."
For reasons difficult to understand, being freed is more exhilarating than being free.
For those who enjoy freedom every day, Olaf's joy was a good reminder of how easily we forget how blessed we are. This is also true spiritually. Those of us who have been Christians for a long time often forget what it's like to be held hostage by sin. We can become complacent and even ungrateful. But then God sends a reminder in the form of a new believer who gives an exuberant testimony of what God has done in his or her life, and once again we see the joy that is ours when we are "free from the law of sin and death." (Rom. 8:2).
If freedom has become boring to you, or if you tend to focus on what you can't do, consider this: Not only are you no longer a slave to sin, but you are freed to be holy and to enjoy life with Christ Jesus!
end of the devotional
Isa 61:1 says; "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;"
Men and Woman, let us begin to celebrate our freedom in Christ by taking the time to thank God for the things we are able and free to do as His servants and proclaim this liberty to others.
There is a great hymn that proclaims, "My chains fell off, my heart was free! I rose, went forth, and followed Thee!"
Well, this is the speech that I am going to give and woman's event tomorrow night. I hope it go's well. Please pray:) May God give whoever is reading this freedom.
-Destiny
Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought of it:0)

2 comments:

John said...

Hi Destiny:

No need to pray. You will do great as you are speaking from the heart and the words are true. So, everyone will feel what you feel because it is from your heart.

This comes from my heart,

Love ya,

Uncle John

Aaron Sleadd said...

Looks good.